Friday, April 3, 2015

Brooke Burke Talking about Plastic Surgery Before and After Pictures

Brooke Burke Charvet talks plastic surgery, diet secrets and cancer scare

Brooke Burke Charvet is no stranger to plastic surgery, having gotten breast implants during her twenties, but said women who go overboard scare her.
Brooke Burke-Charvet admits she has gotten breast implants, but says too much plastic surgery looks bad.

"Women who do too much scare me," Burke-Charvet told New You Jan. 31. "I'm glad it scares me. I was married to a plastic surgeon, so I've seen it all. If a woman has done a bit of work, you should never know."

Brooke was married to celebrity plastic surgeon Garth Fisher from 2001 to 2005. She's now married to former "Baywatch" star David Charvet.

Burke Charvet previously revealed she got breast implants during her twenties, and underwent a second plastic surgery years later to get smaller ones.

The 42-year-old Brooke said the true secret to looking and feeling young is a healthy diet and daily exercise. "We try to eat a Mediterranean diet: lots of greens, lots of fish, lots of vegetables," she said.

The mother of four is doing well these days after overcoming a thyroid-cancer scare. Burke-Charvet underwent surgery to remove a benign tumor in her throat in December 2012, and said exercise is her antidepressant.

The "Dancing With the Stars" host said her workouts never exceed an hour, but she gets great results by pumping up the intensity. "I'm totally working out harder than ever before, but I'm doing it in a smarter, quicker way," she said.

Over the years, Brooke has released a line of highly rated fitness videos. She revealed her diet, workout and weight-loss secrets in her best-selling DVD, Brooke Burke Body: 30-Day Slim Down.

As a result of her fitness-minded lifestyle, the super-fit Brooke feels better than ever. "Physically I feel better today than I did in my 30s," she said. "I know my body better, how to dress my body and I have a better sense of style. I am also more experienced."

Brooke Burke-Charvet: 'You Should Never Know' If a Woman Has Had Plastic Surgery

Brooke Burke-Charvet says the best plastic surgery should go unnoticed.

"If a woman has done a bit of work, you should never know," the TV personality tells New You in its spring issue.

"Women who do too much scare me. I'm glad it scares me. I was married to a plastic surgeon, so I've seen it all."

And the Dancing with the Stars co-host, 42, is a living example that women can get better with age.

Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

Burke-Charvet says she feels healthier now than she did a decade ago, even after dealing with the threat of thyroid cancer.

"[My] 40s started out a little bit rough because there have been some life issues, but physically I feel better today than I did in my 30s," says Burke-Charvet, who is married to former Baywatch star David Charvet.

Brooke Burke-Charvet: 'You Should Never Know' If a Woman Has Had Plastic Surgery| Health, Plastic Surgery, Brooke Burke

"I know myself better. I have boundaries, a louder voice and I know myself as a woman," she says. "I know my body better, how to dress my body and I have a better sense of style. I am also more experienced. I feel more accomplished because I have a family and I'm very lucky to be in a loving marriage with a man that I'm in love with and he's in love with me and that's like amazing, so in that I find beauty."

Burke-Charvet's wisdom comes from experiencing some disappointments.

"I regret having a marriage that didn't work, because divorce is 'forever' for children," she says. "I regret that my two oldest daughters have to grow up knowing that sometimes a family falls apart. That's my heartbreaking life lesson. But I'm happy that they can see love now."