Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tabatha Coffey Plastic Surgery Before and After Nose Job

Tabatha Coffey: Plastic Surgery nearly killed me
In an exclusive interview with Life & Style, Tabatha's Salon Takeover star Tabatha Coffey opens up about how the boob job that nearly killed her 20 years ago would up changing her life -- for the better. "I don't regret it, because it was such a great learning experience for me," Tabatha tells Life & Style. "But it was a hell of a lesson to learn."

In 1992, Tabatha got a boob job to upgrade from a B-cup to a D. But Tabatha's plastic surgeon nicked an artery during her surgery and four days later, it ruptured, causing internal bleeding. Tabatha's surgeon operated, but reinserted the infected implants instead of fresh ones, causing an infection. Even after she fully remove the implants, she had to wear a catheter bag for three months to drain the infection.
Now, years later, she's sharing it all in her new memoir, It's Not Really About the Hair. Tabatha reflects on the experience, telling Life & Style, "I can re-evaluate the fact that those boobs were never going to make me perfect. It was life-changing in the way that I look at things, especially my own body image. It was a good lesson to learn: to accept me as me."

Even though we know her now as Bravo's straight-talking, no nonsense, hug-phobic star of "Tabatha's Salon Takeover," Tabatha Coffey speaks very sensitively now about the breast enlargement surgery that almost took her life two decades ago, which she writes about in her new memoir, "It's Not Really About The Hair."

"I don't regret it," Coffey, 41, says in an exclusive interview with Life & Style magazine. "Because it was such a great learning experience for me, but it was a hell of a lesson to learn."

Coffey's painful ordeal started in 1992 when she went in for surgery to enlarge her breasts from a B to a D-cup. During the surgery, her doctor nicked an artery which ruptured four days later, causing internal bleeding. Her surgeon operated to fix the bleeding, but then reinserted her breast implants instead of using fresh ones and caused an infection.

The then 21-year-old had the implants removed, but she still had to wear a catheter bag for three months to drain the infection. After that horrific experience, Coffey says she can now look back on how the near-death experience taught her some valuable lessons.

"I can re-evaluate the fact that those boobs were never going to make me perfect," she says. "It was life-changing in the way that I look at things, especially my own body image. It was a good lesson to learn: to accept me as me."

Tabatha Coffey had plastic surgery to improve her self image. The before & after pictures show that she had breast implants. Overall, was Tabatha Coffey's cosmetic surgery procedure a good or bad idea?