Sunday, August 4, 2013

Selma Blair Plastic Surgery Before and After Botox Injections and Breast Implants

It seems every time I open US Weekly or In Touch Weekly I see a photo of Selma Blair. Here is another one. I actually met Selma Blair during my college years. She attended my alma mater Kalamazoo College for a year or two and was an acquaintance of mine. I found her to be friendly, somewhat quirky, and, at times, hilarious. She once turned down one of my best friends for a date, stating she had to attend the “Governor’s Ball.” It’s nice to see she has established great success as an actor. She still looks like she did over 15 years ago.
Is Selma Blair Against Plastic Surgery?

Actress Selma Blair is one of the rare few actresses who exist in both the Indie and mainstream film scenes. Although she is currently on the new hit sitcom Anger Management with Charlie Sheen, it doesn’t mean that Selma is going all-Hollywood and getting plastic surgery and Botox injections. In fact, quite the opposite.

40-year old Selma Blair has a smooth, youthful face that belies her middle age. However, she must treat any wrinkles with skincare products, not Botox as the actress says plastic surgery isn’t for her.

In an interview with In Style magazine in the past, Selma Blair said that although she doesn’t have plastic surgery, she isn’t against others going under the knife.

“I wanted to get Botox once to make me feel younger. But I don’t really have [enough wrinkles] to justify it yet. As for going under the knife, I can’t say I wouldn’t, but I haven’t thought too much about it,” she said.

The same philosophy goes for breast implants.
Selma explains, “I wore huge prosthetic boobs for a John Waters movie. They were glued on every day by a really handsome guy, but ripping them off every night was definitely outside my realm of comfort. After those bosoms, I didn’t mind being flat-chested anymore!”

So how does she stay so good-looking? “I go to a spa in L.A. called Kinara for its Skin Care Boot Camp. You go once a week for 12 sessions and they’ll look at your skin and tell you how to get it in better condition. They really helped me a lot. I also stay out of the sun.”

“Egyptian Magic cream is my saving grace for everything. It works for my friend’s baby’s bottom, and I can also use it instead of Chapstick.”

Clearly, good genes must also play a role in Selma’s appearance as skincare products can only do so much without plastic surgery.

Anti-surgery poster girl! Selma Blair looks like a teenager in shirt dress after celebrating 40th

Most stars no doubt panic when they approach the dreaded 4-0, as a host of younger, slimmer and eager starlets battle for the leading lady roles.

However, Selma Blair appears to have avoided the plastic surgery and Botox route by staying true to herself and remaining au natural.

As a result, the Cruel Intentions star looked better than most of her rivals - including more youthful ones - by relying on good genes alone

The mother-of-one, who gave birth to son Arthur last July, stepped out in West Hollywood wearing little more than a light denim shirt dress.

As she ran errands against the sunny Californian backdrop, Selma proved less is more as she looked like a teenager in the no-fuss ensemble.
She let her long dark locks fall loosely around her shoulders, appearing to go make-up free beneath her oversized sunglasses.

Selma was seen cooling off with an iced coffee as she strolled on the sidewalk wearing quirky boat shoes with a red and white stripe wedge.

The Michigan native, who waved goodbye to her thirties last Saturday, is shooting Four Saints, following the story of four nurses who operate an illegal dressing station by the trenches of World War I Flanders.

It seems she is continuing on her acting trail, despite being rather disenchanted with her career over the years.

During an interview with The Guardian, she said: 'I went through a period of pulling away from everything - acting, people - not sure if I would ever have a voice in this business.

'Just as my CV has "light" and "dark" sides, I suppose there are two sides to my own character. I go from being hugely hopeful and entertaining to... really not. I'm not manic depressive, but I can really go to the darker side.'

She added: 'I am hopeful again. I want a good life and a great career more than ever. I don't know that I actually believed I deserved one until now.'