Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cate Blanchett Talk About Plastic Surgery Before and After

“There’s been a decade or so of people doing intervention with their face and their body. Now that we’re emerging from that people are seeing that long term, it’s not so great,” the 42-year-old — who has been put on People‘s Most Beautiful People list — said, adding, “I’m not sitting on a soapbox telling women what they should and shouldn’t do, but I know what works for me. I’d just be too frightened about what it means long term. In the end if you have all that stuff done… in the end you just see the work. It doesn’t fill me with admiration, it fills me with pity.”

“I’d be too frightened about what it means in the long term. Looking at women in their 20s doing this stuff, in the end all you see is the work. It doesn’t fill me with admiration; it fills me with pity,” Cate Blanchett said to Fashion ETC. on Sunday, March 4th 2012.

This isn’t a unique opinion, but rather one of the two major camps. One side seems to be all for surgery if it makes someone happy, confident and more attractive, and the other side can’t see why you wouldn’t want to just age gracefully into an older version of the person you’d been your entire life.

However, Cate Blanchett was also careful to explain that she wasn’t passing judgment, just expressing an opinion.

“I’m not sitting on a soapbox telling women what they should and shouldn’t do,” Cate Blanchett said. “I just know what works for me.”

Why Cate Blanchett Will Never Get Plastic Surgery

The Academy Award winner, 42, says she'll never go under the knife to turn back the hands of time. "There's been a decade or so of people doing intervention with their face and their body," she tells Fashionista. "Now that we're emerging from that, people are seeing that long term it's not so great."

Cate Blanchett, one of the most elegant and beautiful presences in today's cinema, is very much against plastic surgery, she reveals in a new interview. Seeing its results in the long run absolutely fills her with pity.

Sitting down for an interview with Fashionista, Cate dishes it all on her beauty routine, the products she swears by, makeup tips and, last but not least, where she stands on plastic surgery or any other drastic intervention that would serve the same purpose.

Cate Blanchett on plastic surgery: “You just see the work… it fills me with pity”

Lemon juice in water as a morning ritual? Interesting. If Gwyneth Paltrow had suggested it, I would roll my eyes, but since it’s Blanchett… yes, I’ll try that. I had to look up “oxygen facial” though – you can read about it here. Apparently, it’s been popular in celebrity circles since 2006-ish, when Madonna recommended it. So I probably won’t try that. But I’ll definitely do the lemon juice in water thing. As for over plucking – define “over plucking”. I don’t have a scouse brow, or a chola brow, but I do like my brows to be well-groomed. So on that, I will debate Madame Blanchett. Cosign about blue eye shadow, cosign about eyelash curlers (I stopped because of my contacts, though). Cosign her thoughts on plastic surgery. Amen to that!

And why doesn’t anyone ever recommend St. Ives Apricot Scrub? I still use that junk. I love it. I love how smooth and exfoliated I feel. Maybe Jennifer Love Hewitt will talk about it. I bet she uses it.